Tuscan-Style Penne with Sausage
- 1 lb. sweet Italian sausage links, sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium fennel bulb, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. dried sage leaves, crushed (optional)
- 1 jar Bertolli® Vodka Sauce made with Fresh Cream
- 1 can (16 oz.) cannellini beans [or white kidney beans], rinsed and drained
- 1 lb. penne pasta, cooked and drained
- Brown sausage in 12-inch skillet. Remove sausage and set aside. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- Add garlic into reserved drippings and cook 30 seconds. Stir in fennel and sage. Cook, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until fennel is tender. Stir in Sauce, beans and sausage. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Toss with hot penne. Garnish, if desired, with chopped fennel leaves and grated Parmesan cheese.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW